Green is not a Trend or a Fad
Go Green and create a positive brand perception amongst your target audience with the use of eco-friendly promotional products
Regardless of personal opinion about the concept and causes of Global Warming, the fact is the Earth’s resources are limited and it is up to everyone to preserve and protect them.
The promotional products industry’s most progressive companies and sales consultants are rapidly becoming knowledgeable about the large range of eco-friendly promotional products which can carry both a brand and a powerful “corporate value”.
Eco-consciousness isn’t just about reducing, reusing and recycling any more. Here are the main terms currently used with an easy definition:
- Organic – Produced without using fossil fuel-based fertiliser, synthetic pesticides or genetically modified plants
- Sustainable/Renewable – Made from materials which can be replaced easily (eg using plant fibres such as bamboo, hemp or cotton rather than wood or materials made from petroleum)
- Reusable – Designed to be used for an extended time period
- Recycled – Made from materials originating from previously used (post-consumer waste) or from scraps created during the manufacturing process otherwise earmarked for landfill (post-industrial waste)
- Recyclable – Produced using materials that can be reclaimed and reinvented into usable products
- Compostable/Biodegradable – Manufactured from materials which can decompose safely within a natural environment. Materials such as paper or plastic made from corn starch or synthetics such as bio-plastics belong in this group
The terms “green” or “eco-friendly” are difficult to define as they are subjective- marketers use these terms to represent the product attributes – at some point, there will no doubt be regulated compliance to adhere to when using these terms in various scenarios.
Choosing “Green Promo Products”
An important rule when choosing eco-friendly products to showcase your brand is to minimise any sacrifices you will need to make in order to purchase and distribute them. Basically, the quality, appeal and targeted effectiveness need to outweigh the frequent higher cost of choosing a green promotional product.
Questions to ask yourself prior to a campaign, event, launch or branded merchandise opportunity include:
- Who is your target customer and what is their view on environmental and sustainability issues?
- Does the target business sector have the same views?
- Will the product be used effectively in the hands of the appropriate recipients?
- Do products under consideration have parts that wear out? (batteries, refills etc)?
- Is there back up material to support any “green” claim made?
- Will your proposed project result in excessive waste?
“Green” Promotional Product examples
Brand Promotions has an enormous range of Eco-friendly promotional products. Go Green and create a positive brand perception amongst your target audience.
Incorporate sustainable solutions such as eco-friendly reusable metal straws, eco-friendly tableware, sustainable drink bottles, reusable coffee cups and environmentally friendly bags into your marketing strategy for all the right reasons.
Here are the current most frequently purchased promotional products by eco-conscious corporate customers. On our next blog, we’ll highlight some more “left field” examples!